Sunday, January 10, 2010

Talk about weird dreams...

Since it's winter break for us college students, I've actually been able to get more sleep than four hours a night. And being able to sleep longer, I think I've finally gave my mind enough time to go into dream mode. Back when school was in, I did have dreams but they were rare and brief, or maybe I just don't remember. Recently, however, they're more abundant and more vivid and quite awkward. haha

Let's see, last night's....

It was a small bubble tea cafe. The interior was a warm yellow. They happened to be giving out complementary drinks, but those were limited, so it was first come first serve. My sisters were with me. There were others but I can't seem to remember. I was up and well, they offered me the last of the complementary drinks, but I ended up giving the free drink to my sister who was in line before me. I ended up chatting with the guy who was handing the drinks out. I can't remember what he looks like, but he was cute. I just remember thinking that. He was really cute. I was blushing...

...then the scene changed...

Somehow the cute guy was suddenly my boyfriend. I was browsing through shelves and shelves of books while he playfully tugged on my sleeves. I picked up a really adorable Christmas card but then remembered Christmas had passed sometime ago so I put it back down. He was hugging me from behind while I skimmed through a few pages of an interesting book. I was hoping my dad wasn't in view. I told him that my dad wouldn't like it if he saw. My dad doesn't like guys hanging all over me. He just laughed it off and continued to browse the shelves with his arm around my waist.

"Your father wouldn't mind. He likes me. Plus, look over there." He pointed in the directions of a seating set-up in the store.

I looked over, my father happened to be there flipping through some books of his own. He looked up, smiled, and waved. I was surprised. He wasn't upset to see I had a boyfriend or the fact that he was so close to me. I remember thinking, 'That's never happened before. My dad never liked my boyfriend. Oh well...'


...another scene change...

I couldn't seem to find him. He'd gone off somewhere but I couldn't find him. I was getting worried. However, I did manage to find my father with my sisters at this round table that we have in our kitchen. They were having steak for dinner. I was hungry so I asked to have some. After two slices I was very full. That was awkward, normally I would be able to eat more. But it's okay, I was more worried about looking for him. My dad asked me to sit around and chat. I squirmed in my seat, anxious. I don't remember what we talked about but was finally relieved to be away from the table, back on with my search.

...then the awkwardness begins ( for some reason I'm seeing everything my 'boyfriend' is. So this is his scene)...

Through my eyes, the surroundings looked strange. Everything seemed to be a bit fuzzy around the edges with a green tinge. 'What's this? What's wrong with my vision,' I was thinking to myself. Then I heard the sound of footsteps and in a hurry I went to find a hiding place. I was hiding from something. Something dangerous. 'What's going on..?' I felt quite disoriented. I felt something in my hand. I looked down to find myself holding something. It was a grenade. 'What am I doing holding this...?'

The footsteps drew nearer. I climbed on top of a laundry machine. I was hunched. Ready to strike whatever was threatening to take me away. They were coming down the stairs. They had guns in there hands. 'Oh my God. What's going on?' I was panic stricken. Then someone came forward. He looked different, strange even. His skin had this deathly pale glow, his eyes sunken.

I remember now. There was a zombie epidemic. This guy approaching me was a zombie. What was he doing with a group of humans with guns? Then he spoke. "It's okay, hand me your weapon. Everything will be alright."

I was shocked. Zombies don't speak. 'What's going on...' I handed him the dangerous weight in my hand. The men with guns went away. The zombie stayed behind. "How come you're speaking? How come the men haven't killed you? Aren't they hunting zombies? Aren't you one?"

"Well. Yeah I am one but like you, I managed to retain my consciousness. I'm not one of those homicidal zombies who attack everyone... and yes they're taking out zombies but just the crazy mindless ones who attack anyone and anything."

My heart stopped. '.... like me...' What did he mean? "What do you mean, like me?"

"Hey pal, sorry to break it to ya, but you're like me. And you've managed to retain your consciousness, so you're no threat. well, at least i hope not..."

He walked with me up the stairs. I was speechless... 'how... when...sigh....'


...and then the scene changes again. (i'm back in my own body.) but i seem to see what he's thinking too although my dream self doesn't... yeah it's kinda hard to explain... hahas. bear with me....

"Hey, where have you been? I've been looking all over for you. I was so worried with the breakout and all. I'm so glad your safe!" I hugged him.

'At least she doesn't see me differently. I hope she doesn't know what I've turned into. I don't want her to turn away from me after seeing the monster I've become,' he thought to himself.

He hugs me back, "Don't worry. I'm here now. Smile a bit." He gives me a kiss on the forehead.

I had to smile. He was back at my side. The love of my life. I would die if anything happened to him.


...then the scene is different... i'm seeing it third person...

Everyone's there. It seems to be some sort of a gathering to just hang around. Everyone's throwing blankets in the air and running around. It looked like fun. It probably was fun. My 'boyfriend' is there laughing. But he looks different. I'm with him. We were holding hands, laughing, running around.

And then I woke up...

Yeah so I have no idea what to make of it either XDD but I have to say it's quite awkward....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message~