Thursday, January 14, 2010

Daybreakers

Two-time Academy Award nominee® Ethan Hawke plays Edward Dalton, a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race.

So I finally got a chance to watch Daybreakers with my friends earlier in the day. It was a pretty gruesome and gory film. It wasn't as great as I had expected, but overall it was a pretty good film. I would probably give this movie a 6.5 out of 10.

Warning *there might be spoilers. apologies in advance*

Daybreakers started quite slowly for me. For like the first 20 minutes of the film, there wasn't much going on. You just kind of get a feel of the vampiric plague and the city's emptiness during the day. Then of course you see the productivity of the city skyrocket as night falls.

Lack of human blood turns chaotic and Edward Dalton (Ethan Hawke), head hematologist, is rushed to provide a blood substitute before the lack of blood is felt by all. Deadly creatures result from starvation and well, like I said, it gets pretty chaotic.

Some scenes here and there will make you jump out of your seats. The effects were pretty awesome, if you ask me. Oh and I must say they did a good job with the vampires, especially with the teeth and the amber eyes.

However, the ending proved to be quite lacking. I was expecting more, but it just simply ended. There's a cure. But how do they carry out the cure? How do they cure the whole world when there's deadly creatures on the loose?

All in all, this vampire film was one that I enjoyed for the most part. And I do love vampires :p just not too much the twilight kind. don't shoot me :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message~